Discover how to Instantly Win in Business when you have a Mentor in Your Corner
Mentors play a role in virtually everyone’s life. There are reasons why so many people fail in business and sometimes fail in life in general. In many cases your first mentor is your parents, that can be great and it can be a disaster. You don’t and can’t choose who your parents are. However you do have a choice once you’ve left the nest of who you’ll bring into your life for advice.
Dori O’Neill shares how his success started with the influence of his first mentor his Mom and then evolved to other mentors. Regardless of your position in life seek out those that can guide you.
Read this story and learn how you can get a head start in life.
The Billion Dollar Salesman -Serving the World for 28 Years! I’ve truly lived a blessed life and I have also been fortunate to have many mentors that provided me with guidance and motivation. As a result of learning how to do things the right way the companies that I’ve owned have generated just under 1 Billion dollars in sales world wide.
The Billion Dollar Salesman – It’s my goal to teach and mentor people like you. Reputation Resolve was created to help business owners improve their bottom line. Reputation Resolve’s other goal is to help individuals own and operation their own work from home business, all the while generating life changing residual income.
To accomplish this the Reputation Resolve Team and I can only work with a limited number of people. You won’t just get email answers, often times you’ll be coached and mentored one on one via phone and Skype and in person.
The Billion Dollar Salesman: How does someone know if they have what it takes to own their own business? Tell us a bit about how you made the decision and why.
- That’s a great question. First they have to have a burning desire to leave the J.O.B world. There is a false belief that getting a paycheck is the best form of security. Nothing could be further from the truth.
- I made the decision to follow the entrepreneurial path from the influence of my Mother (My first Mentor). I grew up in a middle class family. Our neighbors were not as fortunate. While I was enjoying healthy meals my friend Ricky ate Kraft Dinners and Hot dogs several times a week. It’s was a box of soap that changed their world and mine. One day my Mom said “Dori I’ve started a business and I need you to help me”. Help meant packing soap from living room to living room of friends and family. Ricky’s Mom Sylvia was one of my Moms customer/distributors. While I personally disliked packing soap from house to house. I soon realized that it was not soap it was gold. Gold in the form of opportunity. Our family started to bring in more income and Ricky’s family started to bring in more income too. Soon I was wanting to go to Ricky’s house for dinner as Sylvia’s new found success gave them the income to enjoy a healthier meals. Better yet, because of Sylvia’s success, she was able to take their family of 6 on a real vacation. Seeing the life changing effect of owning your own business and empowering others set me on my path as a life long entrepreneur and business coach.
The Billion Dollar Salesman; What was the biggest challenge you faced in your first six months in business? How did you meet that challenge?
- I was 18 and I didn’t know what I didn’t know so I had to quickly figure out what I needed to succeed.
- I learned how to listen. I was an independent representative with a company called Provita based out of Texas. I found out who the number one producer was and I attended every event that I could. I listened to her words of wisdom, every chance that I got. In 1977 in my first 30 days in the business I earned $10,000. $10,000 in 1977 was a huge sum of money as compared to today. In other words, I was mentored to success.
The Billion Dollar Salesman: What do you think is the greatest challenge facing business owners today and why? Any suggestions for how to address those challenges?
- That’s easy. It’s being able to dedicate their time to doing what they do best which is running the core elements of their business. A florist knows flowers, a mechanic knows cars and a dentist knows about dentistry. Online Reputation and Review Management is an area that MUST be managed and until Now was time consuming. We developed Reputation Resolve to automated the entire Review and Reputation Management process. Reputation Resolve does an amazing job at helping a business gain more 5 Star Reviews and at the same time freeing the business owner to do what they do best.
The Billion Dollar Salesman: What is the single strongest piece of advice you would have for someone just starting out in business for themselves?
Don’t try and reinvent the wheel, find a proven Mentor that will direct you to success.
Lead Lures would like the Thank Kevin Culp from Businessopportunity.com for this interview.